MISSING

I miss you every moment

I miss you by the hour

penance and atonement

my heart a fading flower


Salt and pepper softness

the callous of your hand

I knew that Love would cost this

but I still don't understand



The throaty softened chuckle

that sweet lopsided grin

the way you passed your knuckle

from my jawline to my chin



Memories brief and fleeting

The things I choose to hold

While I lay here bleeding

in the place love's left me, cold


Missing, I am missing

I've lost my half of me

all that time just wishing

for what would never be


I wish you were stronger

I wish I had been brave

I'd have held you longer

I'd never learn to cave


Missing, I am listless

Alone and I'm ashamed

hurting and I'm driftless

Certain I've been framed


Please bring back what's broken

Please just let me have it

I was far too open

and now I cannot stand it


Missing, I am missing

Looking to find me

In all the worn out places

that love will never be



JM 2017







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

PAST

A Look Inside The Nutcase