BROKEN

"For the BROKEN Body"

It's in the grimace of his jaw
the steel within his eyes

its in the slightest flinch I saw
whilst noting his demise

it's in his open apathy
as others hurt and bleed
he wears the mark of misery
a dam of pain besieged

Compared to truth his confidence
appears to be a fake
he wears his rags as righteousness
but all for pity's sake

In dreams he rescues maidens
In heart, he breaks the curse
but fear it leaves him brazen
and worry leaves him worse

He struggles with reality
I fear it leave him cold
He'll fight with his mortality
 before he's grown old


Here, I thought her safely
the twinkle in her eye
the quiet breaths of laughter
the deep contented sigh

It seemed that in her age, she'd found a safer place
She almost had me comforted.
She'd nearly built my case

The simplest of moments
her loss it dared to show
I'd barely chance to notice
shame she'd come to know

It finds her quiet often
It holds her in its clutches
the kindness meant to soften
inflames the heart it touches


Why do I see this?
Why do I know?
All this is grievous
it alienates me so!

My heart feels abandoned
Mistook and Misled
My cavern of Adullam
My tears are my bread

I'm called a liar
A fool for fools sake
bogged in the mire
a "dramatic fake"

But I can't gain remorse and I feel no shame
for all that I see, for the demons I name
I want to feel guilty, to find human grace
I despise what's lonely
I hate this dark place

And all around me, the deception grows
the wolves in sheep's clothing
mock what truth knows

I see the pied piper
I hear his tunes call
times grow more hyper
and more righteous fall

The melody chokes me
I know rhythm well
For a moment it coaxed me
and then mercy fell

If only you knew how much I hold in
If you only believed I'm still subject to men
If only you knew of all that I'm seeing
You'd deny the truth of the power he's gaining

I'd call you in brokenness as you put up your fake
I'd beg you for openness you'd call me a snake
I'd hold my heart out, you'd shove it away
You'd beg me to leave, but I ask you to stay.....

Look in my eyes. I see you this way
Dare you to recognize the card we both play
Shame fights the battle but grace owns the soul
what fear meant to rattle, peace makes its goal

and righteousness kisses
and grace pays the price
I plead with you: Listen!
He won't come back twice!

This maiden of sorrows
has understood grief
and shame that will harrow
and "promise" that's thief

So don't hide your face
lay down your pride
He's made a place
and I'll kneel by your side

It is so painful. This pain that's our friend
for pouring out me leaves me empty for Him
It hurts by the minute. Rejection is cruel!
when I reach my limit, His strength is my fuel

No, I won't trade it. I won't regret
not even a moment....not one day that went
I've never been closer. I've never felt more
I've never been bolder.
I know what I'm here for

Don't fear to suffer
Don't cover shame
Bare it and flag it
claim your new name

Don't pretend you're not like me
How I know better
I look in your eyes and I see what you fetter
Grace it will grip you...when you give up the fake
Shame guards your choice. The Kingdom's at stake

JM2011


It is good that one should hope in and wait quietly for the salvation (the safety and ease) of the Lord 27It is good for a man that he should bear the yoke [of divine disciplinary dealings] in his youth.28Let him sit alone uncomplaining and keeping silent [in hope], because [God] has laid [the yoke] upon him [for his benefit].(D)1For the Lord will not cast off forever!(F)32But though He causes grief, yet will He be moved to compassion according to the multitude of His loving-kindness and tender mercy.33For He does not willingly and from His heart afflict or grieve the children of men.(G)    Lamentations 3:26-28 31-33



Ref: Isaiah 53:1-3, Psalm 85:10, Psalm 42:3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST