WRESTLING

Wrestling

Tie it tighter behind her head

She always was a fighter

make her pay for what she said

light her Truth on fire

Bind the bonds behind her back

make the wrists bleed slowly

she'll never run, but she'll fight back

she thinks she's strong and holy


Mock her while she struggles

Kick her while she's down

hold the one who stumbles

pin him to the ground.


I've seen you in my past

I've seen you in his eyes

I know this cannot last

so familiar with your lies


Rip the covering, cut the head

swarmed by vultures, left for dead

never doubt the fire

the gold has been refined

dragged out of the mire

I won't leave you behind

Darkness twists the present's grasp

all your views are tainted

keyhole vision, afraid to ask

cowardice inflated.


When all has been exerted

the countdown has been laid

the truth has been perverted

and justice has been stayed


Darkness hovers always

upon the face of deep

I hear the sound of gnashing

the voice of those who weep

but the gates will not give way

the score cannot be called

this ain't the final play

I hold to my resolve

Noone's started singing

the victor's arms aren't raised

the yellow flags not flinging

the final card's not played

break the headlock

bruise the shoulder

shake the cold shock

free the soldier

panting from the strangle

stable in the hold

squeezing through the tangle

resting in the fold

down upon the knees

there's only one that struggles

The Shepherd surely sees

the way to make you humble

Chain's just seem so ruthless

 Emotions just  so fleeting

the battle remains fruitless

you've nothing that you're needing

Miracles that manage me

give me strength and favor

precious angels wrench me free

covered by my Savior

Wrestling for your answer

fighting 'cause you won't

I am your shadow dancer

loving 'cause you don't

JM2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST