And There You Are x2

This needed to be reposted.....if I need to read it again then so do you.


Faint with weight of apathy
Your heart it waits to cradle me
and in the faintest light I see
the image of all I was made to be

Never dawning as I hoped light would
Always running from what I never understood
asking why this crash of destiny
I tried to bear  responsibility

And there you are my Master
Do you still wait for me?
There you are my Lover
Still, I see Your longing.

You refuse my backward glance
You won't allow the faith of happenstance
You settle for the future
and promise it secure
You paint a fuller picture
and quiet every fear

And there you are my Faithful Friend
The only One that's constant
The  Strength of Love that will not end
awakes a heart despondent

Filling every empty hole
drawing me with push and pull
making ways where none could see
extending every help to me

It seemed once i was worthy
untarnished by this pain
Then, Your love was burning
Yet now; the bluest flame

I find it hard to fathom
the only love to breach this chasm
for now this life so dark and gray
but you embrace me more this way

And there You are my Strength
Your gaze it blankets me
Love so broad in span and length
a glow that fights to cover me

The guilt I have slowly relent
my iron will now firmly bent
the fight to earn I will lay down
and accept from you my King this crown


And there you are My Husband
You've made a Queen of me
for what one said was worthless
you ascribed as deity

No, I can't understand it
Denial seems a must
But I know that You have ALWAYS planned it
And You are all I know to trust

Pride is sad mistaken for claiming who I am
My worth from me was taken
You gave it back again
And now I know my value as seen in your eyes
I wear it like a banner
embrace it like a prize

Lover you have claimed me
Now finally I claim You
found me at my weakest and pierced me through and through


And there You are inside me
Ravish all I am
You fought for all that died in me
Made me alive again.

Lover, Master, King and Friend...I see you. THERE You are!

JMM 2012


Love is invincible facing danger and death. 
   Passion laughs at the terrors of hell.
The fire of love stops at nothing— 
   it sweeps everything before it.
Flood waters can't drown love, 
   torrents of rain can't put it out.
Love can't be bought, love can't be sold— 
   it's not to be found in the marketplace. - Song of Solomon











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST