HOME

A hill and a sled
A four-poster bed
A two-sided black iron fireplace

Old pocket doors
Hard wooden floors
an old banister wrapped 'round a staircase

A sparkling river
an old grand's sweet timbre
the music rain plays on roof's tin


The orchard it beckons my children
the ruins of a greenhouse' gone days
and dreams that I used to be lost in
manifest now in these ways


And as I draw near
the solo I hear
played on the wind in the trees


A mournful, soft song
A melody strong
that strains on the soft evening breeze:

"Show me the patience that love is
Promise I'll not be alone
Home is where all of my heart lives
willingly claimed as his own"

Evenings of music and laughter
the echo of "happily ever after"
sung in the rustling leaves

It won't mean a thing
these melodies ring
the bluebird's song sing
without you, this house not a home

"Show me the kindness that love is
Forgive and forget my mistake
Home is where all of my heart lives
A heart that I gave him to take."

Old barn house dances
Young love romances
the ballads have yet to be written

The music grows louder
the miracle's power
has left me doubtful and smitten

"Show me the hope that love is
Promise I'll ne'er be betrayed
Home is where all of his heart is
committed, promised, and staid."

The music's strong power
the thrill of the hour
the masterpiece yet to be played

House not a home
the dream still my own
The miracle wrapped up within it.


JM2017

The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”-  Matthew 7










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST