WINGS

grey and callous
no one cares
rage and malice
anger flares


let them wonder
be an adult
silently suffer
it's all your fault


See my front
I brave a smile
what I want
is not worthwhile

hide the pain
and you're the salt
embrace the rain
it's all my fault

I can fly
but I can't walk
they look to the sky
they marvel and talk
I try and I try
it's all for nought

I can't stand. It's all my fault.

They make it look easy
They don't understand
I've yet to EVER find a safe place to land


And if I did….I couldn't stand alone
I haven't the strength
nor the faculties own

 The time that  I landed
and met with assault
permission not granted
it was all….my…..fault

Birds of a feather?
I've never met one
braving the weather
I wait for the sun

circling slowly
they stare up with wonder
I swoop and I vault
down, up, and under
I cannot, I will not, I dare not halt
my feet just don't work
and it's all…my…fault

JM 2017

"All my enemies whisper together against me.  They imagine the worst for me saying; "A vile disease has afflicted him. He will never get up from the place where he lies." Even my close friend. Someone I trusted, one who shared my bread has turned against me.  But may you have mercy on me, O Lord….." Psalm 41:9








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST