FIRSTBORN SON

Formed from the dust

breathed into life

Redemption a must

Deceived by the wife



And woman she groaned

In travail she cried

the man worked the ground

a curse well applied


And then way back when

All of creation

still felt the plan

and wept for redemption


And the oldest, the male...

cursed like He said…

Cain he killed abel

Moses he fled

after the Pharaoh had marked him for dead


And Abraham prayed and for his son, he pled

and God heard his prayer and spilled not Isaac's blood


And on down the lineage

Jonathan, Saul,

We see the battle in

 Solomon's fall

The fruit and the carnage

of Redemption's call


Always, the fighting for the oldest son's soul

All that are marked and some that are stole

And I know there's choice and that there's free will

but the Liar himself steals and he kills


Life came from woman

And freed her from the curse

But salvation from man

made his freedom worse


And here in my family

I can see it still

the fight for the firstborn, the eldest born male

A  father a grandfather, then his oldest son

A husband, a brother and my oldest one


Look in your family and you'll see it too

The battle that's fought and you know what to do..

Abraham's prayers are what saved His son

And Jesus' own cries redeemed us EVERY ONE!


Does God bend the will or preserve the breath?

Does He already know who will pass this test?


I know in the kingdom the eldest holds honor

Jacob and Esau…and Solomon's father.

And riches and leadership….destined to him

to carry the name and uphold next of kin


I hold this question deep in my heart

and sometimes my prayers just break me apart

I'm pleading for men, too many I've known

who've left me embittered and jaded like stone.

I don't want to feel or even forgive

but I tremble to think that my prayers help them live.


And what of all those whose prayers seemed to fail?

And what of the women who groaned and travailed?

For life comes from woman, but salvation through man

Despite what I see.  I know He has a plan


So I guard my firstborn just deep in my heart and wait for the day lest a sword pierce that part

Pray I remember…hold to the promise….Salvation a keeper in the heart of the Father.


JM 2014

“This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, 35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”  Luke 2:34


And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety. 1 Timothy 2:14-15







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST