DREAMS

Strains of Glory fill this place
The echoes of something I've never seen
My heart still glowing, a warmth within
As if I've left where I have not been


I remember sadness
I remember pain
the shot-out loneliness
the blackest stain

and sleepy eyes
and dreamy steps
and the quiet knowing
that it's not over yet


simple promises
in starlit visions
wrap the pain
and sanctify prisons


and morning takes me
back to earth
where darkness held me
gives me worth

and solidified promise
and love's strong pull
it makes it holy
it keeps me here


The land I was made for still burns in my heart
as I sip at my coffee
and brave the days start
and emotions they weigh on me
more than I can stand
they pulsate within me
and shake clean, strong hands

All of these duties that come to an end
all of these feelings that force me to bend
destined for promise in dark strange men's country
danger and toil to daily confront me

There in the night You become my vision
You hold out my hands and fill them with passion
and shake me  and break me and show me where I'm headed
The land I was made for the HOME I was bred in

Bless the day of my birth
The journey You gave me
Bless all the struggle
that brought me to earth

Anoint the destiny
Lay out my plight
The memory, the remedy
Waking and sleeping
My fire by night.


JM 2014






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST