THE PLACE I GO TO



enter this room where I've been before


There are no walls

just an open door
And my chair is empty
Your eyes are warm
You stand to let me
embrace Your form

And I always wonder every time I come
how it seems so easy when it's been so long
how You always want me
when I've run from you
how You always tell me what I need to do

I've brought my baggage but it can't last long.
For here with You my strength is gone.
The pain I hoped to let You see
has vanished as You welcome me.
And I open up to let You in
but then fall into You again.

"It's my good pleasure" I hear You say
To answer You before You pray

Why'd I come?
 I can't remember.....
But I want now
to stay here forever.

The battleground's faded and the chaos is dim
I fought thru to get here....to be here with Him
And I had these burdens
to put on display
I hadn't unbagged them
He took them away.

I wanted to shout, to cry, and to wail
to make sure He knew of my pain and travail.
And now I am basking in the warmth of this glow
embracing and asking never to go........

"It's my good pleasure"
I hear Him say
to give you this Kingdom
so you'll build it my way
But here I am free and I know who I am
and I'm waiting and hoping to rest here with Him.
It's not how I planned it and that's how it is
every time I come running to Him.

And I still see the door
the world beckons me
and my Father, My Master
 hears my hearts plea........

"It is my good pleasure" to use you my love
to give you this calling
this gift from above......
the labor is ending
it's time to give birth
My children I'm calling:  Build my kingdom on earth.

And I want to scream that Nobody Cares!
 That Noone will seek Him!
Truth falls on deaf ears........
But the place that I go to won't let me complain
I can only let Love wash away angers strain.
And so I have left now....and the battle will rage.
I am all Drama and the world is my stage!

Could be I'm crazy but the the place that I go
is a place that I'm longing for others to know
If you have been there you see what I mean
The spirit's refreshed and the heart is made clean.

It is His good pleasure to welcome you there
He's opened the door and set up the chair.
Bring all your baggage. He'll take it from you
Bring all the things that you want Him to do
You'll leave with your calling
and never unload......
the wounds that you're nursing
the grievance you hold.
He takes it away.
Become undone!
Lose all the anguish that you're running from

Isn't it worth it ? This time away.
For purpose is lost in destiny's fray
The place that I go to......
When will you see?
It is His good pleasure to touch you and me.
JK '08

"Do not be afraid little flock! For it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom! Sell your possessions and give alms.  Make purses for yourselves that do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.For where your treasure is , there your heart will be also."
Luke 12: 32-34

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST