MIRRORED

The things I've said have shaken me
the things I've done left me cracked and dented


The love I gave has awakened me
as I realize my gift is defected

and but one sees my quiet world
the shadowed universe I live in
Where all my darkness follows me
and guilt is all I'm given


And I turn on my heel
as I pray for your forgiveness
And I beg not to steal
one more moment of indifference

Where I've been has taken me
I cannot reclaim what's relented

My words reveal my inner pain
the wounds I thought were mended


Radiant dreams and colored visions
I tried to cover up my grayland
but oil shades and watery derisions
only stained my blatant statement

I am not the beauty
I painted to be
I haven't ability
to see as You see


My mirror is refracted
I've seen me as I am
The covenant detracted
in the image of a man

Where I go is changing me
I reflect no counter

Who I am is haunting me
Grace my meager fodder

Providence espouse me
no man shapes my image
the lie that has empowered me
told me You were in it

Ethereal work begun in me
from birth You worked to bless
I sought the end of what would be
in the hands of mortal flesh

So now my mere reflection
less a stranger now to me
ugliness of my intention
my world a dark reality

The only beauty left
I stay my eyes upon you
and beg that what's bereft
finds its quench, its final rest in you.

JM 2017

“If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true. 32 There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true.-  John 5:31

Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.- James 1:23











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST