SUFFERage & INTERcession

Sufferage:A vote cast in deciding a disputed question or in electing a person to office. 3. A short intercessory prayer. ...


Well, not exactly what I was hoping it would mean, but very fitting none the less!


Intercession: A plea on someone else's behalf


Here are two words upon which a commune (if it is to be a success) MUST be built.  It is not at all surprising then, that their definitions should INTERtwine (can't help the word pictures, they just keep coming:))


There is always disagreement.  You cannot have a relationship with another human being and not expect that their will be disagreement, even vehement disagreement.  Someone must cast the deciding vote and often one needs an advocate to win his/her side over through an act of? Yep! INTERCESSION! Or is it sufferage???


I am not in a position to give relationship advice.  I am only just figuring out some of the things I have never understood, but it is amazing how once the picture is no longer hidden the pieces all come together.  I can only speak of what I should hope it will be.  Things never turn out as we plan, but hope is what keeps us trying to make them successful. Hope is something I will never give up. 


Why do you suppose that "suffer" factors into a word such as "sufferage"?   Well I can only imagine that it is because almost exclusively, standing alone means suffering.  God Himself said; "It is not good for man to be alone, I will make him a helper suitable for him." God did not want Adam to suffer.  The truth is that although a person often insists on his/her way no person wants to be the only one having that way...they want a following, an agreement, a persuasion, or maybe even a compromise.  To stand alone is to endure ridicule, scorn, pity, or even just "purposeful ignorance" (which is a description of a more appropriate word: "stupidity").  It is also true that those that endure sufferage are those that most often go down in history as instituting a change for the better that could never have been accomplished by popular opinion.  The truth is that "popular opinion" is USUALLY proven incorrect!  This is because by the time an idea BECOMES popular opinion it has been so twisted and dumbed down by the masses that the one who committed the act of sufferage to institute the idea can no longer even recognize it as his/her idea.  


Now Intercession! Intercession is a term that has been almost obliterated from this society...not just worldly society but Christian society as well.  This blog is of course to inspire Christians to join the commune but the way of life I propose is meant to persuade all walks of society to consider changing the way they live to entirely benefit others and NOT themselves.  I, under no circumstances, consider myself to have achieved this goal. It is why I WANT a commune...because I need the help and our current society CANNOT give it to me.  I do believe that intercession is about "holding one another up".    


Paul gave this instruction to one of his communes (churches): 

Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13 “Make level paths for your feet,”[b] so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.
 14 Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. 15See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. 16 See that no one is sexually immoral, or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son. 17 Afterward, as you know, when he wanted to inherit this blessing, he was rejected. Even though he sought the blessing with tears, he could not change what he had done.



What does this have to do with pleading another's case you ask? I have been tired, exhausted, broken, humbled and destitute.  I have had nothing left to say to the Lord. I have wondered if He was even listening anymore.  When I came to this point, there was noone left to plead my case. Indeed,  most had given up long ago on the very hope I had been rooted in for so long.  I NEEDED an intercessor, someone to carry on the case that I could no longer hold, to relieve me of my burden so that I could recover (another GREAT word!) for a while.  How often is this the case not just in our relationship with God, but in our personal relationships here on earth?


Intercession MUST link arms with Sufferage in this commune!  For there WILL be someone to stand up and commit sufferage in many different capacities and relationships.  That someone will turn the tide that commits lasting positive change.  He/She will suffer though...it is most certain.  Where and who will the intercessors be???  There are bullies on EVERY playground and intercession has been pushed out of society because sufferage does not jive with popular opinion. 
 Standing up for someone occasionally happens. However; pleading someone else's case (true intercession) is no longer a kind deed.  It has been turned into a career (or maybe a joke)...a highly lucrative one.  Those who "plead" other's cases are NOW called LAWYERS and we pay them $200 per hour to hold up our arms and strengthen our feeble knees. Or do we?  I've recently had to deal with a dozen or so.  I could explain to you why an intercessor and a lawyer don't belong in this sentence together, but I think you already know.  I haven't seen an intercessor in church or otherwise in quite some time...unless they want me to sign a contract and a very large check!  


I hate to sound bitter, but if you want to be in this commune join me in forcing yourself to define and enact SUFFERage and INTERcession! It is what TRUE happiness is made of. I assure you that $200 per hour has not brought that happiness.  This whole idea of redefining words  that have already been redefined by "popular opinion" could just make me ILLogical.   Or it could be how LOGIC was defined to begin with :) That my "invited applicant" is for YOU to decide!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST