PAST

 When I was before I'd been

I wrote it down marked blue in pen
Reminding me of oaths I swore
the "who" I was would be no more

Years have past since now was then
I look back at me now and again
I'm really not a mystery
not so intriguing I've stayed me

The recollection makes me sick
I fight to find what makes me tick
and I waste time in revelry
the worship made for only thee

Disdain the patterned path I've found
behind the pride I've built around
the more I hate the less of me
as I dissect the self you see

And I despise....
the horror of... I close my eyes,
the plaintiveness of wounded sighs

Past attacks with mortal blows
Present mocks as future glows


the flesh grieves what the spirit knows
all that gleams is not what grows...

JMM 2012



“No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
    and no mind has imagined
what God has preparedfor those who love him.”

it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. 1 Cor. 2:8-10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase