Christmas Angel

Brave the sorrow, brave the cold
Stave tomorrow's frozen hold


Sodden beauty, ice's crystal
Winter's duty, evil's fistule


Deaden all these dreams
Turn what's warm to cold
Refract shallow beams
Winter's grip is bold


Give the life to let it rest
trust that Father knows what's best


Tears that freeze upon my face
bitter journey, coldest place

linking all these memories
whitened hope from darkest stain
bitter chill to ward off enemies
No regret to kill cold's pain


I'm skating here
I'm flailing here

Angel warm me with your glow
let your light be Truth I know


Crying in the interim
Nearly silent, standing strong
Holding all this winter in
Lest I find out I've been wrong


Angel help me. Sing your song
I've been faithful for so long

Perhaps it's in my blatant sin
the weakness hidden deep within


Do you deprive me of your mercy?
You see how hard it's been
The pleasure they find when they hurt me?
Will you let what deadens win?

Angel, come and speak your message
before life gives it's final vestige

You can spark the will that warms
You can soothe the heart that mourns

Christmas Angel, find us now
We find our hearts are aching
Stumbling through the cold somehow
While, all the while; cracking, breaking.

Can you change what's turned so bitter?
Can you bring us through this winter?

Miracles born of a Savior
May I ask for one more favor?


Sweet, sweet Christmas Angel;  Here I am again.

JM 2017
All of us like sheep have strayed away.  We have left God's paths to follow our own.  Yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all.  He was oppressed, yet he never said a word.  He was led like a lamb to the slaughter.   And as a sheep is silent before the shearers, he did not open his mouth. Isaiah 53:6-7


Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you.-  Matthew 7:6












































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

PAST

A Look Inside The Nutcase