NEVER

I wouldn't

I couldn't

I'm not

No, never

I shouldn't

Don't ask me

Please stop

Not ever

I gave up

I stood back

I questioned the end

I held out

I stood up

I backed you my friend

And Never,

I'd swear I didn't miss you

I'm sure we'd not met

The lips that wouldn't kiss you

The eyes that never wept

and peace amidst the fodder

and joy that drowns the pain

Forever. It's better

but never, no never.

and tell me how it ends

hold me where it hurts

the garden your love tends

the sweetness of your words

withhold all your amnesty

for wounds I never caused

justice such a travesty

bound by human laws

and I can't let you ever…

but you say; "Oh, no! No! Never."

and gently you assuage me

My reach for you enrage me

And see my hope! Engage me..

in all you claim is Truth

You shouldn't

Don't dare

You will and I'll let you

You couldn't

Beware

of all that we've come through

Turn back

Be done

But alone is not better

lovingly tender

brought close together

Certain, I'd never..

dream of Forever…

JM 2015


"I opened to my lover,
    but he was gone!
    My heart sank.
I searched for him
    but could not find him anywhere.
I called to him,
    but there was no reply.
The night watchmen found me
    as they made their rounds.
They beat and bruised me
    and stripped off my veil,
    those watchmen on the walls.
Make this promise, O women of Jerusalem—
    If you find my lover,
    tell him I am weak with love."  - Song of Solomon 3











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST