PLAGUED

When I was a little girl I used to look at people's eyes
I used to stare
and see straight to the place the heart cries
I was young and unaware

I thought everyone saw these things
I'd group people in my head
the way their eyes look as their hearts sing
Some are silent, their eyes are dead


I realized these things when I was young
I can't see them now that I'm strong
save the days I'm one- on -one
and recognize where I belong


Certain eyes resemble mine
the fight is real, the struggle alive
And I am drawn to the evil assigned
but wise enough now to know how to thrive

I see certain demons pursue an attack
adultery, addiction, seduction and lies
Some flee the pursuit and some will fight back
The wise ones will stand and let faith arise


And sometimes we falter and let the shield drop
and others are hooked and latched onto like wolves to cattle
and those of us trusting ask Him how to stop
and those that are trapped will die in the battle


I see the "hungry"…the desire for evil
and I see the "thirsty" those that ache for reprieve
Lives that are lived in constant upheaval
"eyes" that won't stay, always desperate to leave

I see the "wounded", those always afraid
I see the "guarded", my words garner their offense
For offense is the wall that lies will have made
to keep out the Truth and erase Godly sense

Truth my friends…is NEVER offended!

There are two ways to see but many only use one
Darkness feels safer now doesn't it?
The light will hurt your "eyes" until you're used to the Son.
The life you seek to save is NOT the one you'll get.

Evil will plague you until you stand
Darkness will claim you unless you accept that there IS light
Here I can see what the devil had planned
The demons by name assigned to MY Life….

Oh how they've chased me
and I used to run
But I asked to be set free
and the battle was won

Casualties made and a price that was paid
Now I stand.. and the devil can't counter this light
My history made by a Master unscathed
when all else was enveloped by night

I can look at you and see your battle
or better that you've given up
Feels safer to give in to what you cannot handle
and I'm still too insecure to interrupt

My spirit wretches deep inside me
It often begs me; speak my claim
This Name that has authority
to break your struggle and your shame

The human mind is strange
how it bars the spiritual man
how it claims that nothing needs to change
and no one but you has the plan

Truth…my friends….always STANDS. It NEVER even turns away.


These days He begs my insecurities be taken far away
He wants them in that "Sea" where He forgets
and my flesh wants them to stay
mostly in the place where all my pride sits

I can still see those demons at the outer edge of darkness
They have not forgotten they've been assigned where I belong
They rage in "eyes" of those still helpless
who beg me to help them be strong

My strength is not lending
for it is not mine
my will is still bending
to the Master of Time

Those demons would have me
if I gave permission…
but instead I will beg you
to veer from perdition

I won't  be tempted
I'll stay in the light
Darkness preempted
by my standing IN THE LIGHT

Fight insecurities
I beg me keep silent
Find your priorities
and learn not to fight it

Learn how to stand
where the darkness can't reach
Wisdom command
what the flesh cannot teach

Plagued, though you are
Some see in your "eyes"
The spirit world REAL
The flesh full of lies

Darkness and light
The Truth in the prism
Flesh stop the fight
and seek out HIS WISDOM

JM 2015

Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.22 “Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. 23 But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is! -Matthew 6

"Don't envy evil people or desire their company. For their hearts plot violence, and their words always stir up trouble.  A house is built by WISDOM and becomes STRONG through good sense.  Through knowledge its rooms are filled with all sorts of precious riches and valuables.  The wise are mightier than the strong and those with knowledge grow stronger and stronger." Proverbs 24: 1-5










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST