EVERYTHING

beat the rust from leaky drums
scrub bloodstain until it runs
wash my face and grimy hands
view the scene from frosted glass


and everything is managed
and everything seems calm
my conscience seems less damaged
the bullet in my palm


Offer me a clean sweep
a token of affection
the chaos grown knee-deep
midst growing insurrection


love that gives me smallest solace
hope that barely warms
dirty sips from golden chalice
while greater Presence warns

and everything consumes me
and life still pulls me in
and what is left that could be
is choked up in what's been

pressing in upon me
the thing that screams it matters
perspective small around me
while all outside this shatters


and greater union beckons
this marriage begs consent
I note the fleeting seconds
the will that won't relent

and all within me willing
and all outside me cold
a heart with hatred filling
a groom with anger, bold

and everything demands my patience
and fortune seems my lot
while rage consumes the nations
and vain-filled leaders plot

Quiet bleed of my affection
smoking gun grow cold
wash my heart of ill-intention
faith will make me bold

beaten free of old corrosion
a sound that makes them listen
weakened heart and dead emotion
enough to dim the vision

and everything's my prison
keeping me from You
forced union is the prism
reflecting all You do

I offer "Strength" some comfort
my hand upon his head
but "Dignity", his cohort
he holds me back instead

My hand falls back into my lap
I clench the bullet tighter
faceless on emotions map
and this girl is a fighter

and everything's confining
all my attempts can't manage
Songs give way to sighing
amidst the growing carnage

blood that seems to boil
fire in my bones
fire and fresh oil
feeds the sense that hones


Everything won't penetrate
All in its glare consumed
these walls all must evaporate
impending marriage doomed

I'll find You there
once again I will
the energy of Lights pure glare
the weakened heart you'll fill

Here I am but carbon
One more piece of matter
I need your grace to pardon
Your Light to break this fetter

The only One outside of me
The One left undefined
Let me hide myself in thee
the way I was designed

Then everything can't win
for You are unaffected
Life is born again
outside of small perspective

I'm in that small space
I'm finding You now
take me to that place
where Everything is not what's loud

JM14

"Rock of Ages, cleft for me.  Let me Hide myself in thee"- Rev. Augustus Montague

"When song gives way to sighing, when hope within me dies.  I draw the closer to Him.  From care He sets me free. His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me." -Civilla Di Martin
"Why are the nations so angry?
    Why do they waste their time with futile plans?
The kings of the earth prepare for battle;    the rulers plot together
against the Lord
    and against his anointed one.
“Let us break their chains,” they cry,    “and free ourselves from slavery to God.”
But the one who rules in heaven laughs.
    The Lord scoffs at them.
Then in anger he rebukes them,    terrifying them with his fierce fury."- Psalm 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST