TIME

Time you stay me with your gaze
all the obstacles you raise
leaving me so incomplete
wiping out the tears I weep

Time you steal from me my beauty
make your constant count my duty
TIme you take my dreams away
and stand the tyrant I must pay

Time you're ne'er good to me
Time, why won't you let me be?
Hopeless now to simplify
losing more, the more I try

Time I'm sure I hate you
We were never meant to meet
None that can abate you
or force you to retreat

Time you take my friends away
Time you make life's edges fray
Time forever you unravel
all the tasks I'm sure I handle

Time you steal my children
and dull my lover's eyes
you drag this weary pilgrim
through emptiness and lies


Time don't give me wisdom
Fear of God is law
Time you are my prison
but Truth has fixed that flaw


Time deny my freedom
Time leave me alone
Time create the doldrum
you've taught me now to own

Love is not your anthem
Compassion not your speed
Holding my fear ransom
Making my needs bleed

Time I know I blame you
the past that I have wasted
It's easier to frame you
than swallow bitterness I've tasted

Time you make me weak
Time you make me old
Time your past is bleak
and the future looks so cold

Time you seem so evil
Time you seem so dark
leaving all these lonely people
purple, pale and stark


JM 2014





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

A Look Inside The Nutcase

PAST