I'm Not Gonna Tell You....

I'm not gonna tell you
'Cause you're not gonna know

I'm not gonna hold you
'Cause then you just can't grow

I'm gonna leave you
to learn for yourself

There's some things that I can't give you
Some ways that I can't help

I remember being younger
All the things I thought I'd know

My friends and I?
We sang about "the art of letting go."

Then? I cared what people thought
It trapped me in my life

Then?  It seemed the most important things were
Grownup, Mother, Wife


I'm going to grit my teeth
I'm going to brave the pain

I may forget to breathe
I may again forget I'm sane

I'll have to watch the joyride
before the sudden stop

and when no one else is on your side
I'll pray to help you off

and when I nurse the wounds
that those "reckless foolish" bring

and when the pride that ruins
breaks down every thing

When forgiveness finds you
when mercies quench my tears

They say I'll be beside you
they say you'll need me there

Those that say and those that watch
have always been so wrong

I'm not sure they've ever known me
They've never known you
I'm not sure this life here owns me

I'm not sure
I wish I knew.

The only Mercy saving me
Is the One who makes me strong

The fear that just won't let me be
whispers that they're wrong

and I see the trail of slavery
the sin that's made us blind

There's been too little bravery
in the mess we've left behind

There's been a flash of lightning
a searing of the earth
and in that flash a brightening
that's helped some see their worth

Someone famous said once:
"Don't despise your youth"
Someone perfect said once
"In restoration there is truth"

And so we plant our seed
deep within earth's burning
and we pray it's not too late
for love to birth a stirring

And maybe with some waiting
maybe with some light
Maybe in this healing
Love will win the fight

I'm not gonna tell you
It's my job to live

I'm refusing to judge you
I'm committing to give

For all that we do
does reap a harvest
and all that we knew
has come back to haunt us

I'm not gonna tell you
We must change the story

The "hell" we must walk through
so that He has his glory


You're not gonna know
You're not gonna listen

I'm gonna leave you
and so my tears flow

I'm gonna love you
by letting you go

JH 2019

As parents feel for their children, God feels for those who fear him.

He knows us inside and out, and keeps in mind that we’re made of mud.

Men and women don’t live very long; like wildflowers they spring up and blossom,


But a storm snuffs them out just as quickly, leaving nothing to show they were here.


God’s love, though, is ever and always, eternally present to all who fear him,


Making everything right for them and their children as they follow his Covenant ways

and remember to do whatever he said. - Psalm 103: 6-18 (The Message)




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WorkMANship

PAST

A Look Inside The Nutcase